PDA

View Full Version : Bayley Hypes NXT Takeover, Talks About Charlotte, Sasha & Becky Killing It

Kemo
03-29-2016, 08:18 PM
NXT Women’s Champion Bayley appeared on Busted Open Nation this week and spoke to Doug & Dave about Friday’s NXT Takeover: Dallas special, Wrestlemania 32 and much more. Here are the highlights:

TakeOver: Dallas:

“We were in San Jose last year in front of a crowd of 5,000, just kind of trying it out WrestleMania weekend. It was such a success that I remember being in a tag match that night and it’s my hometown crowd, and then watching Charlotte and Sasha in a women’s title match and I was like, ‘Man, I need to be in that match’. I wanted to be in a championship match so now, one year later, that NXT has just – we’ve grown so much in this past year and now we have our own pay-per-view, our own TakeOver on the WWE Network, to kick off WrestleMania weekend. It’s huge because we’re going to start the weekend hot and just really set the bar just like we tried to in Brooklyn, same as SummerSlam weekend. But now I’m in this spot, the spot that I wanted to be and I told myself that’s where I wanted to be. I wanted to be in the championship picture and now I’m the champion, so I really need to prove to myself that this is where I belong.”

Working With Sasha Banks:

“I still get choked up about it, thinking about Brooklyn and then thinking about the Iron Man match. No matter what happens – if I were to lose my title, if I retain my title, if Sasha loses her match at WrestleMania – anything that we do within the next five years, no matter what, we’ll always be a part of history because of TakeOver: Respect and it’s really cool.”

Seeing The Other 3 “Horsewomen” Working Together at WrestleMania:

“I love NXT. It’s been an honor and a privilege traveling the world with them. We’re such a family here, but my ultimate goal is definitely to be up there and seeing them in a match at WrestleMania when you’re thinking last year, we were just watching it together on the floor of WrestleMania. I just saw a picture of AT&T Stadium and they’re, like, right front and center and it’s just amazing what a year does and what hard work and dedication does. It makes me so proud, like I feel like I’m part of the show. But, I know that after the end of the show, I’m just going to go back to my hotel and just think, ‘What can I do to be there next year?’”