PDA

View Full Version : Roman Reigns Talks WrestleMania 32, How He Stays Healthy

Kemo
04-02-2016, 11:45 PM
With WrestleMania only one day away, Roman Reigns finds himself in the same situation he did last year. He faces Triple H for the WWE World Heavyweight championship.

I spoke to Reigns on Thursday about how he is preparing for the match, how he stays healthy and the differences between Triple H and Brock Lesnar as opponents.

Q: What are your thoughts going into WrestleMania 32 this Sunday?

Roman Reigns: “The main thing for me is to just finish. That was the big thing. We endured everything that Brock [Lesnar] threw at us. We countered him and I was that close. We reset the whole match and then right when that happened, here comes Seth [Rollins].”

“For me, it’s to keep my head on a swivel and to have that urgency to win quick and finish the night off right.”

“I think just that urgency. Just that experience of knowing this is the time to get it done. No more games, no playing around. Nothing cute, do what works. Go out there, hammer people and leave.”

Q: What are the differences between Triple H and Brock Lesnar?

Roman Reigns: “Triple H is a lot smarter competitor. Brock is like a gorilla that can just tear stuff. He has mass amounts of strength. He won’t think too clearly, just like a bull in a china shop. Triple H, there’s a why he’s the Game, the Cerebral Assassin.”

“He’s very smart. He’s always thinking, so I think he’ll have a better-layered game plan. Brock, I think just goes in there and tries to beat you with pure strength and power. He doesn’t think about how too often. He just goes.”

“I think HHH has had a lot of time to prepare and to mentally focus on what he needs to do this Sunday. But, it’s really not going to matter.”

Q: With all of the injuries to WWE superstars this year, how did you stay relatively healthy?

Roman Reigns: “It’s been a little bit of everything you said. That’s the toughest part we have is recovery. It’s pretty much impossible for us to recover every night. So, a lot of it comes from how you get there. Like, what are you eating? What are you putting in your body?”

“How are you training? What kind of stretching are you doing? What kind of extra stuff are you doing? You have all types of different ways to help that process with massage and ART.”

“I think one of the things that’s really helped me is that I’ve stretched a lot more before and after workouts.”

Q: Who is your favorite wrestler?

Roman Reigns: “My favorite wrestler would be Bret “the Hitman” Hart. He was my guy. I wanted those shades every, single day. Every time I saw him I wanted those shades.”

Q: Last year, you couldn’t capture the WWE championship. This year, you have

Roman Reigns: “I’m going to go out there and make a statement. That’s what my plan is, to show Triple H who the best in the game is right now and that’s me. I go out there 300 nights a year and do it every single night. And that’s my plan for Sunday, to go out there and deliver.”