PDA

View Full Version : Charles Robinson On Randy Savage Collapsing His Lung, Favorite WrestleMania Moments

Kemo
04-11-2016, 05:30 AM
zQz8KVJOBa4

Chris Jericho talked to veteran WWE referee Charles Robinson on episode 233 of his podcast Talk Is Jericho. Before getting to his favorite WrestleMania moments, Robinson flashed back to WCW in 1999 when took an elbow drop from the late “Macho Man” Randy Savage that took him two weeks to recover from.

“In Cedar Rapids, Iowa, I believe it was, Flair and I teamed up [and] took on Savage and Medusa.” Robinson added, “we had a tag match and it finished with the elbow drop onto me, Savage elbow drop, which I didn’t know how to position myself, whether to hold my chest or breathe. I just laid there and took it. And he landed in on me and put me in the hospital for two weeks. Yeah, collapsed lung.”

Robinson was hired by WWE after their purchase of WCW, and went on to referee several major WrestleMania matches. Robinson revealed his three favorites so far, and they all involved Shawn Michaels: Flair vs. Michaels at WrestleMania 24; The Undertaker vs. Michaels from WrestleMania 26; and, Jericho vs. Michaels at WrestleMania 19.

“Well, WrestleMania 19 was pretty good. It was Shawn Michaels against some Canadian [Jericho]. Yeah, I had my haircut real short. I’ll never do that again. That was the worst haircut ever. [Michaels’] hair was pretty bad too. [Jericho] had the best hair. But that was a great match. But that, [and] WrestleMania 24, Flair and Shawn Michaels when Flair retired. [It was] certainly the biggest honor, but who else could they’ve used though? Right? It was very nice of them to let me do it. I think we were crying about a minute into the match.” Robinson continued, “but the last one, the last match that was big was Shawn Michaels against The Undertaker [at] WrestleMania 26, I believe. That’s where Shawn retired. So it’s Flair and Shawn, Undertaker and Shawn, and [Jericho] and Shawn. Huh, it’s Shawn. What a coincidence, so it means a lot that Shawn was in all three matches.”