PDA

View Full Version : Carmella Reacts To Not Being With Enzo & Cass On The Main Roster

Kemo
04-19-2016, 06:47 PM
The night after WrestleMania 32 saw the highly anticipated main roster debuts of popular NXT tag team Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady. The duo has already made waves in WWE, advancing to the finals of the Tag Team #1 Contenders tournament. With the arrival of Enzo & Cass, a lot of fans have been wondering about NXT women’s wrestler Carmella, who has been paired with Enzo & Cass from her first day in NXT.

In an interview with WWE.com published this week, Camella explained why she hasn’t been seen on the main roster with Enzo and Cass – and why she won’t be any time soon.

“Of course, it would have been nice to be out there and relish in the moment of their debut on the night after WrestleMania with them. But, I’m here to be a Superstar and an in-ring performer. I’ve been training for over two years in the ring now. A lot of the fans don’t necessarily get to see what I can do, because they’ve seen me as the hype girl for Cass & Enzo. I’m here to compete at a higher level. I want to be NXT Women’s Champion.”

She acknowledge that it’s a little sad to venture off in a a new direction, but it’s also “super exciting” to break out on her own. With her sights set on Asuka’s NXT Women’s Championship, Carmella says we can expect to see some big changes from her in the coming weeks.

“I don’t have to worry about what my boys are doing now. I support them and I’m so excited to see their success. But now, everyone gets to see Carmella and who she really is. I’m not just the hype girl.”