PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart: UFC Better At Promoting Fights Than WWE, Wrestling Is Like Figure Skating

Kemo
04-20-2016, 08:44 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Bret “The Hitman” Hart was recently interviewed by FloCombat about the similarities and differences between pro wrestling and mixed martial arts. He didn’t mince words when he said UFC is much better at hyping fights and building excitement for their big shows.

“I’ll say it now, UFC does better pro wrestling than pro wrestling,” Hart said. “The promos, the whole, ‘Bones’ Jones and Cormier sitting in a chair. That’s the gripping television that pro wrestling used to deliver.”

Bret said he’s met a lot of UFC fighters who were big fans of his realistic, technical in-ring style. He hopes a lot of today’s MMA fighters who grew up watching wrestling were bigger fans of his than other guys like Shawn Michaels, who were not as “real.”

Bret is honored to have spent 23 years practicing the ‘beautiful’ art form of professional wrestling, which he said bears a strong similarity to figure skating, of all things.

“I like to say wrestling is a lot more like figure skating than it is anything else,” Hart said. “It takes two guys to tell a story with their bodies. And I was really good at taking a guy and making a story with him that was going to be the best story they ever made.”

Smartmark
04-20-2016, 11:29 PM
The promoting is not WWE's problem. It's the booking