PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Says He Prefers Blood & Graphic Content To “WWE PG”

Kemo
04-21-2016, 07:54 PM
Rolling Stone has published a new interview with WWE Superstar and television host John Cena. As the face of WWE for over a decade, Cena has seen WWE undergo a dramatic overhaul from Ruthless Aggression to the modern day “PG Era.” Cena is a hero to millions of children across the world, but that doesn’t mean he is a fan of WWE toning things down for the masses.

Cena admits that he misses the blood and the racier elements of WWE, but he understands why Vince McMahon mandated a more family-friendly product.

“I’m a 38-year-old man,” he says. “I’d much rather it be a program geared toward me, whether that’s TV-14 or sometimes even more graphic than that, which is what I like. For one thing, profanity brought fire out of people with personalities that backed the language. It’s very difficult to say, ‘Oh, you’re being poopy,’ especially when they’re meant to be fighting words. And now, if someone starts to bleed, the referee intervenes to stop the bleeding. But before, you’d just let it fly.

Blood is one of the things that made fights cool. Like, you knew it had gotten serious. I understand why we don’t do it anymore. Vince has been a coach to me, a father figure, a boss and a friend, and his goal and my goal are the same: to make the company be as big as it can be. But, yeah, the blood is one thing I miss.”

Cena addressed a good portion of the WWE Universe wanting him to turn heel, joking that he’s a hero to parents and children but a ‘bad guy’ to the other fans who want him to go full-on heel. He also didn’t mince words about his relationship with Nikki Bella and not being ready to get married or have children.

“I know I cannot handle raising a child. It’s like with the dog. My biggest thing to Nicole about the dog was: Love dogs, but I can’t contribute to taking care of one. I don’t have the time. And just because everyone else is happy with children doesn’t mean that’s how I have to live.

I’ve been upfront about this. I just have things I need to get done. It’s not negotiable. We’ve been to therapy over it. I don’t think it will ever be over with. I’m stubborn as fuck and extremely selfish as well. I don’t want kids, I don’t want marriage. That’s me just saying, ‘Hey, this is my life and this is how I’m going to live.'”