PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Talks About Battling Prostate Cancer, Today’s Wrestling vs. His Era

Kemo
04-23-2016, 05:01 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart recently spoke with The Portsmouth News to promote his one-man shows taking place this weekend in the Untied Kingdom. Here are some highlights of what he said about

His Battle With Prostate Cancer:

“It’s never an easy thing to go through, but I had a lot of support and a lot of great fans and other wrestlers who reached out, that all sort of helped me get through it. I’ve got to have regular check-ups for the next few years, but I think I’m through the worst now. They think they got it all in one shot, so I’m just on to a slow recovery and hopefully in the next few months I’ll be back to normal and getting my life back on track. I was lucky I had one of those cancers that they say if you get it early and you’re on it quick you can have a full recovery. It’s a 96 per cent recovery rate for prostate cancer. My diagnosis was early and I did a lot to make sure I was on top of it.”

Today’s Wrestling vs. His Generation:

“I think that the wrestlers today are very skilled and a lot of them are really great, gifted wrestlers, like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and even Kevin Owens. I tip my hat to them. I enjoy watching them, they’re special talents and they carry that torch to the next generation. There’s a lot of those wrestlers who’ve had a big impact since I left. I’d like to have worked with CM Punk or Brock Lesnar, but I find that there’s something missing in wrestling that was more prevalent in my era. I think the actual storytelling was better.”

Bret added that he tried to tell a story in his matches without rushing things. He finds today’s wrestling to be too fast paced, with the performers being too busy setting up their next spots. He thinks it comes off as very rehearsed compared to previous decades.