PDA

View Full Version : Eric Young Debuts In NXT

Kemo
04-29-2016, 02:40 AM
Former TNA World Champion Eric Young made his NXT debut at tonight’s tapings from Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida. Young confronted NXT Champion Samoa Joe in the opening segment of the evening. We’ll update this post when new details become available.

BREAKING NEWS: TheEricYoung has arrived to @WWENXT!!! pic.twitter.com/F0Y5bL3Icg

— WWE (@WWE) April 28, 2016

The new era of @WWENXT… TheEricYoung SamoaJoe #WeAreNXT pic.twitter.com/BA3KM7kvAA

— Triple H (@TripleH) April 28, 2016

Both Young and Bobby Roode left TNA Wrestling departed TNA Wrestling earlier this month after over a decade with the company. Roode made a surprise appearance at NXT Takeover: Dallas and was shown ringside watching the action.

Back on April 9th, the Peterborough Examiner published an interview with Roode, who stated that he was not yet signed with WWE. At the time, and this was over 3 weeks ago, Roode said, “I’m not officially signed yet. The Internet has blown up over it, and I mean I’m close, but I don’t want to spoil anything or ruin anything. I want to wait until it’s official. I don’t want to jinx anything either.”

WWE is reportedly interested in bringing both men in as “player coaches,” which would see them working NXT events as well as training up and coming talent at the WWE Performance Center.