PDA

View Full Version : No Way Jose Talks Who He Is & His Unique In-Ring Style

Kemo
05-16-2016, 05:17 AM
NXT newcomer No Way Jose recently spoke with Byron Saxton’s for WWE.com. Here are some highlights of what he said about:

When asked to describe himself, Jose said he’s one-man fiesta. When he was younger, he used to have a volatile temper. “The way I see it, there ain’t no way you’re wiping this smile off of my face. That’s what I’m all about now: a nickname to remind me of where I came from, along with a smile and carefree attitude to show where we can end up.”

Having traveled the world, he’s experienced many different cultures. One thing that’s stood out to him as a constant theme no matter the location is dance. He explains that dance and several other influences contribute to his unique in-ring sstyle.

“From the samba in Brazil, merengue and bachata in the Dominican Republic, to polka in Germany and even the can-can in France, dance is universal,” he said. “I’m trying to create my own from the lessons I’ve learned, and it seems like dance-fighting is becoming a thing. It’s like capoeira, but not as smooth. Incorporate that with some of the highlights of my childhood sport, baseball, which is huge in the Dominican Republic, and it all just fits naturally for me in the ring.”

When asked which NXT wrestlers he’s looking forward to getting in the ring with, Jose named NXT Champion Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura and Manny Andrade.