PDA

View Full Version : Trish Stratus On A Possible WWE Return, Wanting To Work With Ronda Rousey

Kemo
05-16-2016, 05:21 AM
Trish Stratus says she is confident she could handle working in a WWE ring again. In an interview with Sports Illustrated, the Hall of Famer said WWE would have to present her with something different than she’s done before to get her back.

“I’d only go back if it was worth it and if it was a challenge for me,” Trish told Sports Illustrated. “Something that’s different and unique, like playing a heel again, which would be super cool. I’ve gone back as a babyface, so it would have to be something challenging and something that would elevate either the division or a talent. Not just me for my own sh–s and giggles to raise my brand.”

The former WWE Women’s Champion pointed out that an opportunity to work with UFC star Ronda Rousey would be enough to get her interest.

“It would be good if there was a moment to elevate a character. I’d love to work with Ronda Rousey, but I don’t know if she’d be up for that,” Trish said.

Rousey, who appeared at WrestleMania 31, said back in November that she’s “ready” to join WWE. “I have so many obligations, but I really want to find a way to make it happen,” Rousey said of potentially working for the company. “I’m a huge fan wrestling, and I would like to see the position of women in the sport continue to improve, so if I can be a part of it, great.”

Big Evil
05-16-2016, 01:13 PM
I'm always happy to see a talent come back that has been established in the past and put over the younger talent. I don't want to see the Hogan's come back just to bury people. Trish was always one of my favorites and I'd like to see her come back and hit it up with the new generation but ONLY if she can still hang in the ring. The last thing we need is people coming back with noticeable ring rust that can possibly lead to injuring current talent.

The thing with Rousey would be interesting but I don't think the WWE will be interested if Rousey cannot or chooses not to mount a comeback in UFC. She was a big deal showing up at 'Mania because she was so hot at the time. Right now, I'm not sure the WWE would want to touch her. However, I could see her getting the UFC treatment Brock Lesnar had gotten and they may put her over as the most legitimate women's wrestler to come to WWE. Time will tell, but I don't see it happening the way things are right now.

Kemo
05-16-2016, 03:38 PM
I'm always happy to see a talent come back that has been established in the past and put over the younger talent. I don't want to see the Hogan's come back just to bury people. Trish was always one of my favorites and I'd like to see her come back and hit it up with the new generation but ONLY if she can still hang in the ring. The last thing we need is people coming back with noticeable ring rust that can possibly lead to injuring current talent.

The thing with Rousey would be interesting but I don't think the WWE will be interested if Rousey cannot or chooses not to mount a comeback in UFC. She was a big deal showing up at 'Mania because she was so hot at the time. Right now, I'm not sure the WWE would want to touch her. However, I could see her getting the UFC treatment Brock Lesnar had gotten and they may put her over as the most legitimate women's wrestler to come to WWE. Time will tell, but I don't see it happening the way things are right now.

That is on point! I agree with that. :)