PDA

View Full Version : Damien Sandow Talks Possible WWE Return, His Relationship With Fans

Kemo
06-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Former WWE Superstar Sandow’s recently spoke with SI’s Extra Mustard blog about his departure from the company, his what’s next for him.

As a free agent, Sandow has already begun making the media rounds and taking independent bookings. Regarding a possible return to WWE one day down the road, he gave an optimistic “You never, ever say never” Right now, he’s field opportunities not just in the wrestling business, but also in television and film. He’s got a strong management team that is guiding him through these new waters and will be selective in picking his next project.

While WWE never fully got behind him despite being incredibly over with the audience, he is very grateful to WWE’s fans. WWE has a lot of control over how their performers are portrayed. All he could do was give his best effort and he won people over organically.

“I have accomplished everything I want to accomplish. In the entertainment business, we aspire to entertain people. We entertain by our performances. There is an absolutely an athletic element to the WWE and the performances in the WWE. But I look back at my career and feel the spectrum of emotions I have extracted from the audience in a fairly short time. I can say it was a job well done, and now is time to move onto the next thing.”