PDA

View Full Version : Linda McMahon On If She’s Ever Met Anyone Like Vince, WWE Being PG

Kemo
06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Former WWE CEO Linda McMahon was recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated’s Extra Mustard blog to promote her new venture, Women’s Leadership LIVE, which strives to “educate, inspire, and empower women to stand out as catalysts for change and to build a world where women obtaining and exercising power is both expected and commonplace.”

Here are some quick highlights of what Linda McMahon said about:

WWE going PG;

“That wasn’t me, so much, moving to a PG-rating. The development of WWE programming, over time, has mirrored the market place. During the time that WWE was in the ‘Attitude Era,’ which was TV-14–if you looked at television programming and movies that were produced, they were edgier during that same time frame. Then, as that opinion shifted, WWE’s opinion shifted, as well, and sponsors had different demands. It was more of a family-friendlier audience to come back to PG-TV.”

If she’s ever met anybody like her husband:

“No, I’ve yet to meet anyone like him. I was the honors student and the civic leader in my hometown, and Vince was the local badass. There was a little bit of that bad boy aspect that I think was incredibly appealing, and it must have been–we’ll have our fiftieth anniversary this coming August. He’s one of the smartest people I know, and a very shrewd businessman.”