PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Banks Tops WWE’s Power Rankings, Remembering Roddy Piper, Returning Titles

Kemo
08-01-2016, 02:28 AM
1WlZaNpPLlg

– WWE Women’s Champion Sasha Banks topped this week’s WWE Power Rankings, which has to be one of the first times a woman has ranked #1 on the list. As announced yesterday, she’ll defend the title against Charlotte at WWE SummerSlam in just 3 weeks.

– Today marks 1 year since the passing of wrestling legend “Rowdy” Roddy Piper. His longtime friend Ric Flair remembered his fallen brother with this tweet. Looking at the photo of Flair and Piper in a car, imagine being in the back seat with those two for a night on the town. RIP Roddy Piper.

A year ago today I lost one of my best friends and the world lost one of its best men. I miss you Roddy. #RIPRoddy pic.twitter.com/NHtM1ufAtZ

— Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) July 31, 2016

– WWE.com is running a poll asking fans which former championship title they want to see brought back. Choices include:

Hardcore Championship
European Championship
Cruiserweight Championship
World Tag Team Championship
Women’s Tag Team Championship

The Hardcore Championship is the strong favorite with 45% of the vote. The other titles are all between 11-15%.