PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie McMahon On The State Of Women’s Wrestling, Superstar Training Her Daughter

Kemo
08-13-2016, 02:42 AM
Stephanie McMahon recently spoke with ESPN to hype SummerSlam and spoke about how proud she is of women’s wrestling in WWE.

“I feel such a shift in the way our women are portrayed, the opportunity they are given, and when given that opportunity, these women are tearing the house down and stealing the show with every chance they get,” Stephanie said.

WWE Women’s Champion Sasha Banks is at the forefront of the women’s wrestling revolution. Sasha said she’s going to be so good that people can’t ignore her – and that’s just what she’s done.

Stephanie also commented on her daughters, Aurora (10), Murphy (8) and Vaughn (5), possibly getting into the family business. It’s still early, but it looks like there will be a 5th generation of McMahons involved in pro wrestling.

“Aurora absolutely wants to be the women’s champion,” she said proudly. “She has been trained by Natalya. She has got her heart set on it, but we’ll see what happens there. I just want them to see unlimited opportunity and potential in themselves.”

Like her children look up to her, Stephanie looked up to Linda growing up and was inspired by her mother’s role as the former CEO of WWE. “I never thought gender was a barrier but that wasn’t reality at that time. Now there are so many more opportunities for women and it’s absolutely imperative to me as a mother for my three daughters to know they can be anything in this world that they want to be as long as they believe in themselves and they’re willing to work hard for it.”