PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan Says He Had A “Horrible Mental Breakdown” After Retiring From WWE

Kemo
08-16-2016, 01:58 PM
SmackDown General Manager is doing the media rounds this week to promote SummerSlam weekend. During an interview with Jan Murphy of Canada’s Kingston Whig-Standard, the leader of the Yes! Movement reveals that he had a “horrible mental breakdown” shortly after announcing his retirement from the ring back in February.

One of the storylines for the upcoming season of Total Divas will feature Daniel Bryan and wife Brie Bella moving in to John Cena and Nikki Bella’s Florida home for a number of weeks. It was during this period, after the retirement speech and with cameras constantly filming him, that his emotions came to the surface.

“I just had this horrible mental breakdown,” he said. As a lifelong outdoorsman, it was spending time in nature that helped him achieve mental peace. “That’s what I needed. I needed to get away from all of that and just get out to be by some trees,” Bryan said.

Even to this day, he still hasn’t fully come to terms with the reality of his wrestling career coming to an end. “It’s interesting because I guess the real answer is no, but it’s weird,” Bryan said. “I don’t necessarily agree that there’s something wrong with me, right. The whole issue with concussions is so subjective.”