PDA

View Full Version : Zack Sabre Jr. Talks About Joining NXT, Daniel Bryan’s Influence On His Career

Kemo
08-26-2016, 04:29 PM
WWE Cruiserweight Classic competitor Zack Sabre Jr. recently spoke with ESPN.com about Daniel Bryan’s influence on his career and the possibility of joining NXT full-time.

Sabre had the chance to wrestle Daniel Bryan back in 2008 in front of about 80 people at a pub in Coventry, England. It was one of the early highlights in the wrestling business. “People started to take notice of me more when I wrestled him. But also, when you’re in ring with someone so natural who understands professional wrestling so well like Daniel Bryan, you can’t help but have some of that rub off on you,” Sabre said.

When he was still new to the sport, Daniel Bryan was somebody he really looked up to. Now, he works with Bryan in the Cruiserweight Classic and picks his brain for advise on how to improve his act.

As one of the standout CWC competitors, Sabre would be a great candidate for NXT or even the RAW brand’s new cruiserweight division. When asked if he sees himself in WWE, ZSJ said the prospect is “definitely appealing.”

“What NXT has become, I could definitely see myself in that environment,” he said. “I would benefit from it. But I do have a personal journey as a professional wrestler that I want to travel.”

“There are a lot of things I want to achieve. There are still some bits and pieces that I’ve got on coming up. I’m very happy doing what I’m doing now. I have other aspirations, so we’ll just see what happens.”