PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Speaks On Criticizing Women In WWE, If He Still Talks To The Rock

Kemo
08-26-2016, 05:03 PM
One of Mick Foley’s most infamous on-screen opponents and partners was Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Foley gave some insight on his relationship with the wrestler-turned-movie star.

“What’s funny is our daughters keep in better touch than we do. Like I’ll hear my daughter say, ‘The Rock’s going to be on Raw today,’ and it’s a complete secret. ‘His daughter just texted me.’ I get a message from him every once in awhile,” Foley said.

Foley also revealed that he was in attendance at the 13th birthday party of the mother of The Rock’s child. When he first met Johnson’s girlfriend as an adult he didn’t recognize her, but she explained their history to him.

Foley officially retired from in-ring action in 2012, but feels his influence still holds some weight in WWE. The former World Champion is known for voicing his opinions on his Facebook page, and knows that some of those things were shown to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

“I think Mr. McMahon was only shown the negative things I wrote,” Foley said. “I don’t think they showed him the other 92.5 percent of nice things I was saying. He knew I was critical but it was always constructive criticism, and when I came on board, Stephanie and I agreed that as the big proponents of the women’s wrestling evolution that we needed to draft the women very high for Raw, so we drafted Charlotte second and then Sasha Banks sixth. We are really excited about the women’s division. Moving forward, it’s going to get bigger and better.”