PDA

View Full Version : Rob Van Dam Talks Potential WWE Return, Retirement

Kemo
08-31-2016, 08:53 PM
ECW original Rob Van Dam recently appeared on The Buzzards Wrestling Podcast. With WWE bringing back so many familiar faces to pad out the RAW and SmackDown rosters, it seems like RVD would be a great fit for either brand. The former WWE Champion would be open to getting back in a WWE ring under the right circumstances, but it would first require WWE expressing interest.

“First off, it’s not up to me. I mean, I have no inside information,” he said. “Second off, Hunter – Triple H – is the boss of WWE, and I really can’t tell you if that’s in his vision. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not. I don’t think he’s ever seen me as someone he thought should be pushed forward. I think every achievement I got was in spite of him and people that think like him. And like I said, I’m an exception. I’m not the traditional, stereotype that they’re looking for. I get that. I get that.”

Rob Van Dam knows he’s on the tail end of his career, but he’s not ready to call it quits just yet. Despite a long career and a few injuries along the way, he feels as good as he did when he was in his 20’s. “I’m not looking to do much more in wrestling, but at the same time, I don’t really see a big advantage in retiring. Don’t know, really, if you are gonna see the end of my wrestling career real soon. I know, physically, I still feel as good as I have in like the last 20 years.”

At the same time, he doesn’t know if he still has the killer instinct it takes to hang with the up and coming guys. He can still go in the ring, but to keep up with the demands of a full-time WWE Superstar. He admitted, “Honestly, everyone else in the dressing room wants it more than me. They do, and that’s an issue. Because they’re all 22 and they’re all so excited to be there – and I can’t wait to get out of there and get some dinner afterwards. It’s been like that for a long, long time.”

LionDen
09-03-2016, 07:49 AM
I would love to see him back, he is a great performer and I could see him in a match with AJ or Rollins.