PDA

View Full Version : Alberto Del Rio Reveals What Caused His Suspension, Says "Cien" Wants To Leave

Kemo
09-12-2016, 03:19 AM
PJB3wxLOLSc

Alberto Del Rio spoke was interviewed by Mas Lucha at his Friday press conference from Mexico City. The former WWE Superstar commented on what caused his Wellness Policy violation and revealed NXT star Andrade “Cien” Almas is unhappy and wants to go back to Mexico.

When asked if his suspension was a factor in his decision to leave WWE, Del Rio said, “Of course. It was. It was that and along with many more things that made me not want to be there. But there are rules. Their wellness program is one of their rules. I can’t call it absurd because when you work for them, you sign a contract. You know you are subject to terms.”

Del Rio then said the WWE suspension was caused by something prescribed to him his doctors and related to his age, a possible reference to testosterone replacement therapy. “I don’t think it’s fair because there is a big difference in people using medication for performance enhancement. Where I am a 40 year old man and it is a medical matter that I have proof of from my doctors. I don’t think it is something fair. But, I come back to the same thing. It’s their wellness policy and you have to abide by it. So yeah that was part of it, but not all of it. There were many reasons. But it did help me to make the decision to say ‘Goodbye, see you later. I don’t want to be in this company.’

Alberto Del Rio also said that NXT star Andrade “Cien” Almas is unhappy in WWE and wants to return to Mexico. “I talked to my good friend Manny and poor guy, he wants to come back. Unfortunately, when you go to that company you have to abide by their rules. That’s just how it is. It’s the nature of our business. I always put it like this. There is a problem with all the talent that goes there, it’s the inability to speak the language. ”

He continued, “They have the talent. But when you go to work for a company like this, you have to .. I say this .. something my great mentor Dean Malenko would tell me. Everything you know, forget it. Delete the tape. You are starting from nothing. Use one of the moves or things that will help you get over but forget about lucha libre. Lucha libre will not work here. You will never be anything if you focus and stick to being a lucha dor in WWE.”

“I adapted and changed myself. I have been the only one to go on and win everything that I won. So that’s what I think is the formula. I told Manny this the last time I saw him. He asked me if things were different on the main roster. I told him, ‘Things are going to get worse up there! It’s up to you. Put all you can into learning English.’ I told him the exact same thing Dean Malenko told me. In my humble opinion, if it worked for me, it’ll work for you.”

LionDen
09-12-2016, 04:12 AM
Well, at least we now know why he was suspended.

He continued, “They have the talent. But when you go to work for a company like this, you have to .. I say this .. something my great mentor Dean Malenko would tell me. Everything you know, forget it. Delete the tape. You are starting from nothing. Use one of the moves or things that will help you get over but forget about lucha libre. Lucha libre will not work here. You will never be anything if you focus and stick to being a lucha dor in WWE.”

That makes sense, even the Indy guys have to adapt their styles.

Break up with Paige!