PDA

View Full Version : TJ Perkins On Winning The Cruiserweight Classic, Working With Triple H

Kemo
09-16-2016, 08:10 PM
WWE RAW Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins recently spoke with Brian Fritz of Sporting News to discuss his WWE Cruiserweight Classic win, bringing the title to RAW.

Perks said it was such a long road for him to the Cruiserweight Classic finals and it felt like a huge weight was lifted from his shoulders after he won. “I thought about a lot of my heroes when they had their first big one. I thought about (Muhammad) Ali when he won his first world title against (Sonny) Liston and I thought about Shawn Michaels when he won his first world title. Eddie Guerrero, same thing. I could replay those celebrations in my head, like, I remember everything they did.”

Perks says it’s been a pleasure working with WWE thus far. Aside from the company’s world-class in-ring talent, the staff behind the scenes is second to none. “I’ve been everywhere, I mean, everywhere, and you go places and you have a wonderful locker room and just a nightmare of an office. Or you have a wonderful office but a nightmare locker room. I’ve never been in a place, until now, where you have both. This is the first place I’ve even been where it’s across the board that everything’s so wonderful. Everybody is so supportive; it’s a family atmosphere. Everyone is so helpful and approachable.”

He added that Triple H has been wonderful and he’s been able to speak with him more over the course of five days more than he’s been able to speak to other bosses over the course of five years. He’s never worked with a boss so passionate and engaged. it promotes a healthy atmosphere and that’s the way it should be.

TJ Perkins makes his main roster debut this coming Monday night on RAW with the launch of WWE’s new cruiserweight division. He’s looking forward to working with a lot of familiar faces he came up with. RAW already has a stacked roster and the Cruiserweight division is going to put them over the top. “I don’t know that there’s ever too much of a good thing but if there is, we’re getting pretty close to it because that’s incredible to have all of that. And to be at the forefront of representing this on a show like that, that I grew up watching, it’s incredible. I don’t even know what to expect even if I was about expectations.