PDA

View Full Version : Cesaro Interview: Sheamus Feud, Connecting With Fans, Not Liking His Theme Music

Kemo
09-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Cesaro recently spoke with ESPN.com about returning from injury, his ongoing feud with Sheamus, Kevin Owens capturing the WWE Universal Championship and his quest to one day become a World Champion.

This Sunday, Cesaro’s Best of 7 series with Sheamus culminates at WWE Clash of Champions. The Swiss Superman is loving the program with Sheamus because it reminds him of how wrestling used to be. “To me, it’s the closest to the old days when it was all about the wrestling, all about me against Sheamus in the ring without anything on the outside,” he said. “It has this real sports feel. I kind of had my back against the wall, you know, it’s best-of-seven. I do definitely love it.”

The winner of the feud earns a title shot and Cesaro is excited at the opportunity to realize his dream as a World Champion. Cesaro felt he had a lot of momentum before tearing his rotator cuff in late 2015. “The journey ahead seems still so long, but I’m happy I came back 100 percent,” he said. “I didn’t come back 70 percent or something. I’m getting better every day. I’m just enjoying myself.”

Nobody questions what Cesaro is capable in the ring. He’s won over the WWE Universe with his no-nonsense style of wrestling. Unfortunately, the one person WWE Superstars really have to win over is Vince McMahon and that requires a charismatic personality and the ability to deliver on the mic. “I actually can talk if you let me,” he said. “That’s always funny, because people always say that I can’t, but the thing is, you haven’t seen me on the mic a lot. I don’t really get that many chances. And if I do, it’s usually pretty good.”

Even though he doesn’t feel WWE is giving him enough opportunities to cut promos, he’s still connecting. “If you see the ‘Cesaro section,’ when I go out there, it is definitely not silent, and I have a huge fan base all over the world. Of course, there’s always room for improvement.” Cesaro admitted he’s the first one to criticize himself and he’s always looking to improve.

One thing he’d like to change about his character is his entrance music. “I do not like my current entrance music,” Cesaro said bluntly. “I’ve kind of wished I could have a new one since I got this one. I asked for a little James Bond-esque entrance because I’m a big fan and that’s always been an inspiration to me. That’s what made the transition to the Swiss Superman. It just went from there. Little piece at a time, little piece at a time. Hopefully the music will be a piece sometime soon.”