PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Comments On His Backstage Incident With Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam

Kemo
09-22-2016, 03:52 PM
One of the big stories coming out of WWE SummerSlam was the backstage incident involving Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar. While Lesnar was still in the ring and Randy Orton was laying in a pool of blood, Jericho asked Michael Hayes if Lesnar had gone into business for himself and gone farther than what was planned. Hayes reportedly indicated to Jericho that Lesnar may have broken from the script, which led to Jericho confronting Lesnar once he got backstage. Brock essentially told him to screw off and they got into a shoving match. Based on several reliable reports – Brock kissed Jericho on the forehead and said something along the lines of, “Either kiss me or hit me.” Triple H and Vince McMahon wound up getting involved and putting an end to the altercation.

Chris Jericho recently appeared on Chael Sonnen’s “Your’re Welcome” podcast and addressed the altercation for the first time publicly. “I just thought the finish of that match was very brutal and very violent, and I just didn’t know if Randy was ok”, he said. “I said something and he said something, next thing you know we’re nose-to-nose kinda yelling at each other and it diffused fairly quickly.” Jericho added, “Brock is a trained fighter and he’s a beast, but I’m not the type of person to back down from anybody.”

Jericho admits the finish of the match was really none of his business, but what he witnessed was unlike a typical WWE wrestling match. “When I see a friend of mine lying in a pool of his own blood, whether it’s a work or not, that’s real blood. That’s a real concussion that he suffered. So I wanna go check and see if he’s ok.”