PDA

View Full Version : Ryback Talks About His Negative Relationship With Vince, WWE Branding His Character

Kemo
10-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Former WWE Superstar Ryback appeared on the Busted Open radio show this week to discuss his departure from the company, his relationship with WWE Chariman Vince McMahon and what’s next for him.

Regarding Vince McMahon, The Big Guy says they had some cool moments, but Vince lied to him repeatedly and considers the relationship more negative than positive. “I’ve had a lot of good conversations with Vince, but he also lied to me time and time again,” Ryback said. “It’s just, he’s a business man and he [has] dealt with everybody from top to bottom for how many years now? And he fights to live another day and I just didn’t appreciate the lies, personally. We had some cool moments and I developed a little bit of a relationship with Vince and I talked with him quite a bit, but a lot of it was more negative than positive.”

Ryback understands that WWE has a creative process and he didn’t expect to be a champion all the time, but he got very frustrated when WWE didn’t support his character or would kill his momentum by having him lose short matches with no consequence.

“They had me lose in every big match that I was in, essentially, time and time again, and that conditions the crowd. It took a long time, mind you, to do this, but it conditioned them, slowly, [to wonder] ‘Why are we going to cheer this guy? Why are we going to like this guy? He has everything, but he doesn’t win when he needs to win.’ Like, ‘he’s a loser’. And, like, that, that subconsciously plays in kids’ minds and adults’ minds and it didn’t happen right away. It didn’t happen nearly as quick as they wanted it to happen, but eventually it started happening.”

Eventually, the writing was on the wall and Ryback decided the frustration he experienced wasn’t worth his 3-year, $1.65 million downside contract. He could have stayed with WWE and mentally checked out, but he believes himself, trusts himself and wants to be successful on his own.

“And that’s what I’m doing right now and I don’t care what anybody think, what anybody says about me. I know the work I put in, the heart and the passion and the desire that I put into that. I gave them everything that I had and for them to s–t on me time and time again, I had the balls and the courage to say, ‘do you know what? No thank you. There’s more to life than money and I’m going to go prove that to you and the world.”