PDA

View Full Version : Sheamus Says His Last World Title Run Was Cut Too Short, Talks Daniel Bryan & Cesaro

Kemo
10-15-2016, 05:57 AM
Former WWE World Champion Sheamus recently sat down with The Mirror in the UK to promote the RAW brand, and revealed his two favorite opponents so far in WWE since his 2009 debut. Sheamus says that he loved his best-of-seven series with Cesaro, and the only other person who was “as physical” as Cesaro was current SmackDown personality Daniel Bryan.

“We wrestled a ton of times, on TV and off TV,” Sheamus said of Cesaro. “I love wrestling him. The competition between me and him is great. It’s been an interesting couple of weeks since Mick Foley put us together as a team. We’ve had a lot of fun.”

Regarding the WWE World Championship or Universal Championship, Sheamus says he’s “done all that sort of stuff,” and is now exploring his character more in the tag team division. Sheamus said his run in the League of Nations didn’t give him a chance to delve into his character or bounce off each other, which he feels he’s doing with Cesaro now.

Sheamus’ last WWE World Title run lasted 22 days, and he lost the belt to Roman Reigns. Sheamus feels that he was doing a good job as a heel by getting the fans to stop booing Reigns, and at the time thought he had more life in his World Title run.

“Do I feel like I could have gone a lot longer with this? Absolutely, I kind of felt like my legs were cut from underneath me,” he told the Mirror. “To be honest. I felt like I was really starting to get some steam, to get some momentum. But ultimately my job was to get Roman back to where he needed to be with the fans behind him and as a heel I was able to do that. Which was for me I guess a special moment.”