PDA

View Full Version : James Ellsworth Arrives For SmackDown, Talks WWE Title Shot, His Future & More

Kemo
10-19-2016, 12:28 AM
EXCLUSIVE: Any man with two hands has a fighting chance, and @realellsworth has a chance to win BIG tonight on #SDLive! pic.twitter.com/HyxuCV3xCK

— WWE (@WWE) October 18, 2016

In the video above, James Ellsworth arrives to the Pepsi Center in Denver for tonight’s SmackDown. He will face WWE World Champion AJ Styles for the championship tonight. Ellsworth says he feels good and is excited about tonight’s match, and he’s blessed to have the WWE Universe behind him.

Ellsworth also spoke to CBS Boston ahead of tonight’s match. Below are some highlights:

The first in WWE to take him under their wing and show him how everything runs:

That is definitely 100 percent Chris Jericho. The day after I did the match with Braun Strowman he contacted me on Twitter and wanted me on his podcast (Talk Is Jericho). I went in and did the podcast with him the next time I was at TV. Ever since then we text all the time. He gives me advice and helps me out. He’s just an outstanding human being.

How his time with WWE has affected his weekly work in the indies:

It’s a lot more. I’ve always stayed busy. I’ve always wrestled a lot. But now it’s a lot more inquiries for a lot more money. I’m very blessed by the whole thing. It’s taking off, and I’m going to run with it for however long as it lasts. Whether it be in the WWE or on the independent level I’m going to ride this for however long it goes and wrestle as James Ellsworth.

If there’s been any talk from WWE about bringing him back after tonight:

I have an idea, but I don’t really know. I don’t think it will be the last you see of me, but I don’t know. They really keep me in the dark about everything until I get there at TV. I have a little hint that it might happen, but I really am 100 percent not sure.