PDA

View Full Version : Rob Van Dam Open To Another WWE Run, Royal Rumble Will Be 4 Hours

Kemo
11-10-2016, 05:00 PM
The 2017 Royal Rumble PPV from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas will now be a 4-hour show. Ticket holders received an email last night announcing the earlier start time.

– During a recent interview with Sports Illustrated's Extra Mustard blog, former WWE Champion Rob Van Dam says he has an ‘open door’ to return to the company. “I have an open door with WWE as far as wrestling goes,” said Van Dam. “I also have an ongoing merchandise relationship. I hope that the right opportunity presents itself so that I will do another run with WWE. For me, the fans missing me and wanting to see me on TV is very important, but the business end of it also has to be right.

He also addressed a rumor from late 2015 that he turned down an offer to return. The angle would have involved him, Tommy Dreamer and the Dudley Boyz feuding with the Wyatt Family. Things didn’t come together, but RVD insists he did not “turn down” WWE’s offer. “I was super busy and it wasn’t a good time for me. Because of that, it would have taken more for it to be worth my while than it would have been for them, so we just didn’t do it.”

LionDen
11-10-2016, 07:31 PM
I don't mind the idea of the Royal Rymblee being 4 hrs since the rumble goes for an hour anyway, so it makes sense but in saying that ... one problem for me in this is that with more matches being available means that less of the top stars will be in the Rumble. Of course this can lead way for others take part in the Rumble. lol If that makes sense.