PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Tells Fans Not To Set Up Crowdfunding For His Surgery, Fan Does It Anyway

Kemo
12-31-2016, 01:46 AM
RAW GM Mick Foley announced on Facebook this week that he needs a $60,000 hip replacement surgery but the operation is up in the air after his health insurance provider dropped him this year.

Foley asked fans via Twitter not to set up any crowdfunding campaigns to help pay for his surgery, asking them to instead donate to groups who truly need assistance. Foley wrote:

Thanks to everyone for their concern, but PLEASE don't set up any fund-raising sites for my hip. Donate to groups who truly need the help.

— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) December 28, 2016

To no surprise, a fan named Abby set up a GoFundMe campaign for Foley’s surgery. The campaign was up to $600 at one point but it appears all donations have been refunded. Foley helped the 14 year old raise money during her own “Abby’s Million Dollar Dream” campaign for cancer research a few years ago. The young fan just felt the need to help Foley after he previously helped her but it appears Foley got in touch and asked her to kill the campaign. Foley commented on the campaign that was created:

I know Abby, the lady who set up a fund for my hip replacement means well. But please don't donate any money to any funds for my me. Thanks.

— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) December 29, 2016