PDA

View Full Version : WWE Partnering With Bill Simmons & HBO Sports For Andre The Giant Documentary

Kemo
02-13-2017, 08:46 PM
s0xTSqlFi9Y

WWE is partnering with Bill Simmons and HBO Sports to produce a documentary on wrestling legend Andre the Giant. The news was first reported by Variety.

“Andre the Giant” will focus on the legendary grappler’s childhood in France, his wrestling career and his Hollywood career.

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon commented, “For more than 20 years, Andre the Giant’s larger than life personality and unique charisma captured the imagination of fans around the world. I will always value our friendship, and am proud to tell the story of the ‘Eighth Wonder of the World’.”

Jason Hehir, who worked with Simmons on his “30 for 30” documentary series for ESPN, will direct the film.

“We always hear about unicorns these days – Andre was the ultimate unicorn,” Bill Simmons told Variety. “He’s a true legend. Everyone who ever crossed paths with him has an Andre story – and usually four or five. I’m delighted to join forces with Jason Hehir and WWE so we can capture Andre’s amazing story once and for all.”

LionDen
02-14-2017, 08:04 AM
One doco I would like to watch. :)