PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Responds To Nakamura, More On The Rock Calling CM Punk After RAW

Kemo
02-22-2017, 12:26 AM
– One of the big stories of the day NXT star Shinsuke Nakamura stating that he’s interested in facing AJ Styles at WrestleMania 33. The former WWE Champion caught wind of Nakamura’s comments and had this to say in response:

@ShinsukeN how's this? Sorry, but I do have a match at Wrestlemania. N fact, I'll be headlining Wrestlemania after tonight.

— AJStyles.Org (@AJStylesOrg) February 21, 2017

AJ Styles will participate in tonight’s #1 Contender’s Battle Royal on SmackDown Live.

– By now you’ve probably seen the video of The Rock calling CM Punk from the middle of the ring last night after RAW. The Rock calling Punk in front of the live crowd was completely unscripted, according to PWInsider. Fans were chanting CM Punk’s name throughout the evening and The Rock made the impromptu call.

According to sources who were backstage at the Staples Center, WWE management was none too pleased about The Rock acknowledging CM Punk in such a brash way. At one point somebody at ringside was instructed to get The Rock to end the segment. The Rock saw he was getting some pushback for the phone call and even told the crowd, “They better not turn off my mic!”