PDA

View Full Version : Alex Oliveira Feels His ‘Soul is Cleansed’ After Victory Over Tim Means

Kemo
03-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Alex Oliveira is glad he emerged victorious against Tim Means because now he can move forward.

“Cowboy” submitted “The Dirty Bird” in the second round with a rear-naked choke. Oliveira fought Means back in Dec. 2016, but the bout was ruled a no contest after “Cowboy” was hit twice with illegal knees. Oliveira’s win in the rematch improved his professional mixed martial arts record to 17-3-1, 2 NC.

After emerging victorious, Oliveira looked back on the things that went right during the match-up. “Cowboy” claimed that he didn’t deviate from the original game plan, but admitted he listened to his coaches more carefully this time:

“Nothing changed. My coaches told me to do the same thing: Believe in the potential, in the wrestling, to believe I have the strength, take him down, get to his back and do my job. And if he opened up his back, I was supposed to throw the elbows at him. It showed them that I had the potential to beat him. So my soul is cleansed and I’m ready for the next one – when the UFC wants me to scrap, I’ll do it. He was a rock standing in my way and I got through it.”