PDA

View Full Version : Kyle O’Reilly Heading to EVOLVE, Triple H Has “No Doubt” He’ll Wind Up In WWE

Kemo
03-24-2017, 11:32 PM
It’s been a big week for Kyle O’Reilly. The former Ring of Honor world champion was praised by Triple H on a recent conference call, and was interviewed by Sports Illustrated. O’Reilly has also been announced as joining the Evolve roster starting next month.

The rumors are true. Kyle O'Reilly is coming to EVOLVE, starting April 22 & 23 in NYC. Much more including matches in tomorrow's WWN Alerts

— EVOLVE Wrestling (@WWNEVOLVE) March 24, 2017

While little is known regarding the details of his agreement with Evolve, one can probably assume it is a flexible deal that O’Reilly could break if the WWE came calling.

O’Reilly finished off 2016 by defeating Adam Cole for the Ring of Honor world championship. He started off 2017 by losing that same title back to Adam Cole inside the Tokyo Dome at WrestleKingdom. It seemed as though O’Reilly was WWE bound after leaving ROH, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Not yet, anyway.

Many wrestlers are opting not to sign with ROH or Impact at the moment, as such deals would prevent them from signing with WWE. With WWE now interested in signing indie talent, many are choosing to stay away from unbreakable contracts. O’Reilly may fall into that mix.

Triple H made it clear O’Reilly is on their radar recently on a media conference call:

“I have no doubt that (O’Reilly) will end up in the WWE at some point and time,” Triple H stated when asked about the 30 year old from British Columbia.

“I think it just comes down to where he’s at and his availability and where we’re at with our availability to work with him. “

By signing with Evolve instead of Ring of Honor, O’Reilly is likely keeping his WWE availability open. Triple H added,

“I hope those two worlds collide very soon because I’d love to have him.”