PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Explains the Difference Between the Women’s title & the Divas Title

Kemo
03-29-2017, 12:54 AM
Charlotte was recently interviewed by Brian Fritz of SportingNews.com to promote Sunday’s WrestleMania. Charlotte will challenge for the RAW Women’s Championship in the Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match involving Bayley, Sasha Banks and Nia Jax.

Here are some highlights of what Charlotte said about:

The difference between the Women’s Championship and the Divas Championship:

“I was very proud of the Divas title but winning the Women’s championship was as exciting, but it was more the fact that I knew the company was making an executive decision to put more emphasis on the women,” said Charlotte. “That’s why they have us a new title, to update the division. And to know they were choosing me to represent that title at that moment, which will be replayed for years and years and years, it meant a lot. I get goosebumps thinking about it.”

Fans mistaking her confidence for arrogance:

“People think I’m arrogant because I’m Ric Flair’s daughter but what I am confident about is my athletic ability,” said Charlotte. “So what I’m showing is my confidence in my athletic ability but when the audience sees me, they think that’s just Charlotte Flair, she thinks she’s better than everyone or she only has her job because of her dad.

“I am very confident in being a strong, independent woman and standing for the women’s division as a whole. That sounds like a babyface line but if I add ‘and I think I’m genetically superior and I think I’m the greatest athlete’ or whatever then you could have that heel turn. It’s making people think one thing when it’s just having different sources. My sources aren’t what the audience thinks the sources are.”