PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Blogs About the Loss of His Wife Jan

Kemo
03-29-2017, 12:56 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog at JRsBarBQ.com with some candid thoughts on the loss of his wife Jan, who passed away last week after being struck by a car while riding a scooter close to their home in Oklahoma.

JR mentioned on Twitter several days ago that he intends to be on hand for WrestleMania weekend as scheduled. In the latest blog, he explains that Jan would have wanted him to go and being around friends and fans in a positive environment is better than staying home with the constant reminder of what he lost.

“Being around my old friends and the many fans that I hope to interact with in Orlando is a blessing that I need to experience,” Ross wrote. “Jan loved Wrestlemania week I think as much as Christmas because she shopped, she loved Louis Vuitton, would get dressed up and could be entertained for hours simply conversing with the many people and friends that we connected with during our 21 year run together in WWE. That’s not including all our WCW friends we knew in Atlanta who will also be in Orlando for a variety of reasons.”

“Our talent relations department had an unprecedented run in WWE as evidenced by the stars that our team was able to sign, train and develop. Many of these talents are still major, WWE contributors today. Jan was a huge part of that team as her hosting ‘in home visits’ from a variety of talents over the years and feeding them home cooked meals, listening to them and being their friend, and their spouse’s friend with no agenda was a huge asset for our WWE team.”

Jan Ross was an organ donor and JR revealed that her organs have already saved the lives of four people in need.

Visit JRsBarBQ.com to read the full blog. If you’ll be in Orlando this weekend for WrestleMania, tickets are still available for Saturday and Sunday’s RINGSIDE with Jim Ross and Friends events, which you can purchase at Ticketfly.com.