PDA

View Full Version : The Big Show Is Retiring After Wrestlemania 33

Kemo
04-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Dave Schilling of Bleacher Report has confirmed that this year’s Wrestlemania will be the Big Show’s last. Big Show is calling it a career after Wrestlemania 33. The article is a great read and you should definitely read it in it’s entirety by clicking here (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700298-ballad-of-the-big-show-wrestlemania-33-is-the-climax-of-blood-shaq-and-tears?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national). Here is the quote Big Show gave Bleacher Report:

“My career is winding down. I didn’t mind being 480, 500 pounds when I was full-time as the Big Show,” he tells B/R Mag. “I liked being the monster that was bigger than everybody around me. As your career evolves, there are other monsters that are coming in—and my time is done.”

The Big Show made his WWE debut at St. Valentine’s Day Massacre in 1999. He emerged from under the ring in an effort to assist Vince McMahon try and win a steel cage match against Stone Cold Steve Austin. The plan backfired and Big Show launched Austin into the cage so hard that the cage broke and Austin won the match.

pKO3en8HJLM

Since 1999, there have been many versions of the Big Show. He was a dominant heel one month and a crying babyface the next month. He always gave it his all and made the best out of every storyline that was given to him. Giants come and go in the WWE, but the Big Show managed to stick around for a long time.The Big Show has had many memorable moments throughout his career, but people still talk about the Suplex he received from Brock Lesnar that broke the ring.

RY_21GvLf0U

The Big Show will be a part of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 33 on Sunday. You’ve got to believe the odds of him winning it have just gone up a little bit.

Love this Big Show quote. #Wrestlemania pic.twitter.com/MpTQhpoekZ

— Dave Schilling (@dave_schilling) March 31, 2017

‘I liked being the monster.’

The Big Show is calling it a career after WrestleMania. It’s been some journey. #BRmag https://t.co/l7sX99UsaE pic.twitter.com/ViSJZRCeCm

— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 31, 2017