PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Roode Talks About His Time In NXT & TNA

Kemo
04-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Bobby Roode was recently interviewed by Ryan Dilbert of Bleacher Report. Roode was asked about his stint with the WWE in the early 2000’s. His first run with the WWE was unsuccessful, as he was relegated to untelevised matches and matches that aired on Sunday Night Heat or Velocity.

Roode on his first go around with the WWE:

“I was working hard to be noticed and to be seen,” Roode recalled of those days. “For whatever reason, it just wasn’t my time there. Instead of quitting or being discouraged, I went somewhere else and continued to try to live my dream. I was able to do that and make a name for myself in the process.”

Roode has spent the majority of his career in TNA wrestling. For those that watched TNA while he was there, it was obvious that he was star. However, TNA never had the audience that the WWE has and TNA never fully capitalized on his talent.

Roode on his time with TNA Wrestling:

“I got an opportunity there to work with a lot of great guys, to be in the ring with a lot of veterans, to just open my eyes and open my ears to learn from guys like Kurt Angle and Bully Ray and the Hardys,” Roode said. “You get five or 10 minutes or possibly jump in the car with them to ride to the next town for two to three hours and pick their brains. I used that opportunity a lot.”

Bobby Roode is now NXT Champion. He has his sights set on joining the main roster in the near future. Roode is defending his NXT Championship tonight at NXT TakeOver: Orlando against Shinsuke Nakamura. Many in the WWE Universe feel that the NXT events are often better than WWE PPVs. Roode wants to continue that tonight at NXT TakeOver: Orlando.

Roode on tonight’s NXT TakeOver:

“The NXT motto is to go out there and steal the show,” The Glorious One said. “That’s our goal—to go out there and open eyes and challenge the main-roster guys to try to do better than we did the night before. The NXT TakeOver: Orlando card has the opportunity to be the best TakeOver of all time. The challenge is there. Hopefully, we go in there and set the bar pretty high.”