PDA

View Full Version : Vince Russo Says He Spoke To Vince McMahon Last Week About Returning To WWE

Kemo
05-31-2017, 10:55 PM
Former WWE, WCW and TNA writer Vince Russo claims to have reached out to Vince McMahon last week about a potential return to the company. Russo actually heard back from the WWE Chairman, but it doesn’t sound like Russo will be writing WWE television or doing consulting work for WWE any time soon.

Russo hasn’t worked for WWE full time since 1999 but has been very outspoken about the product in recent years. To this day, Russo remains a big fan of professional wrestling. He doesn’t like a lot of what WWE puts out and took it upon himself to reach out to Vince McMahon once again to offer his services.

During an interview with Fightful.com, Russo revealed, “I’ve reached out to Vince McMahon in the past week. He got back to me. I am still a wrestling fan at heart, going back to when I was 10, 11 years old. I hate today’s product. To me, it’s not professional wrestling.”

He continued, “I don’t want to be the guy critiquing the problem without saying ‘Here’s my olive branch, I think I can help you as the numbers go down every week.’ I didn’t use the word help. You don’t tell Vince McMahon he needs help. I said ‘if you want me to contribute, I’d love to once again contribute.’”

Russo said Vince McMahon didn’t seem receptive to his offer. “Vince never seems receptive. His response is always a couple of words. He’s not that guy. He’s the same guy that told me I could get a nanny (to raise) your kids.”

You can see Russo’s comments about his recent discussion with Vince McMahon below:

h7Ee2kBL5x0