PDA

View Full Version : Mark Andrews Injured During NXT Event At Download Festival (Updated w/ Video & Statement From WWE)

Kemo
06-13-2017, 12:46 AM
NXT Superstar Mark Andrews was injured and stretchered out of the arena during the UK Download Festival. Andrews was a part of the eight-man tag team main-event and was reportedly injured following a Clothesline with one of the members of The Authors of Pain.

Staying positive that Mark Andrews will be absolutely fine. WWE are very cautious when it comes to these things. Everything crossed.

— Callum Leslie (@callumleslie92) June 11, 2017

Andrews still being treated at ringside on a stretcher. They've yet to move him

— Alan (@Alan4L) June 11, 2017

I'm out standing by the ambulance with Andrews in it. Regal seems very concerned. Trent and Brookside the same. Mark's eyes were open

He got hit by one of AOP and went down holding his neck. Rolled to the floor right after.

People please don't be blaming AOP. Accidents happen. And you never really know how

Please be ok brother, love you @MandrewsJunior

— William Ospreay (@WillOspreay) June 11, 2017

@MandrewsJunior being stretchered out and into waiting ambulance after fall on head during match #NXTDownload @hrhmag #wwe #nxt @WWE pic.twitter.com/uTNSqIfvAN

— Andrew Spoors (@spoorsy19) June 11, 2017

Update: British independent wrestler Eddie Dennis stated on Twitter that he has heard from Mark Andrews and that he will be alright.

Not my place to comment really but lots of love and concern on here so I will say I've had contact from Mark and he will be ok.

— Eddie Dennis (@EddieDennis1986) June 11, 2017

Everything's okay guys, thanks for all your concern and messages!
Huge thanks to the workers at Queens Medical Centre who treated me quickly

— Mark Andrews (@MandrewsJunior) June 11, 2017

Footage from the Download Festival of the Mark Andrews injury has been posted. As seen in the video, Andrews was injured after hitting the mat from a Clothesline. From the video, it appears that Andrews may have just been unlucky and landed wrong on his neck.

Video of Mark Andrews' Injury! #NXTDownload #WWENXT pic.twitter.com/Z97B0dpl5A

— Brian The Guppie (@briantheguppie) June 11, 2017

WWE has released the following statement on their site about the injury:

Mark Andrews suffered a neck injury on Sunday during WWE NXT’s time at Download Festival 2017 in Donington Park in Derby, England.

Andrews was quickly evaluated by WWE medical personnel. A statement passed along to WWE.com read, “A CT scan of Andrews came back negative, with just bruising evident. Mark would like to thank all his fans for their concern.”