PDA

View Full Version : Finn Balor Speaks on “the Demon”, Reforming the Club, and His Unique Ab Workout

Kemo
06-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Finn Balor recently spoke with the Australian media, and indicated he was available to wrestle at this year’s WrestleMania.

Additionally, Balor spoke of why he hasn’t wrestled as the demon in quite a while, and his pursuit to recapture the Universal championship.

On why he deserves a shot at the Universal title:

“Perhaps considering the fact I never actually lost the Universal Title, maybe at some point I’ll be granted a rematch — maybe against Samoa Joe or Brock Lesnar,”

On his decision to finish the match at SummerSlam:

“Obviously I hit the deck, my shoulder was out of place and it was kind of a make or break moment. Do you call for the doctor, abandon the match, be the guy who is forever remembered as the guy who blew an opportunity at Summerslam? Or with your left hand reach down, grab your right arm, pull it back into place and go and finish the match?

I wasn’t about to sacrifice many years of hard work for a little bit of a scratch on the shoulder.

Obviously it turned out a lot worse than first expected, but the show must go on and I’m glad I did what I did.”

On missing this year’s WrestleMania:

“It was quite an interesting scenario, because the reality was I actually was fit and I was ready and I was back wrestling, there was just no space on the card at WrestleMania,” Balor revealed.

“Obviously I had done my part in the rehabilitation, but it was kind of too late situating anything to do with the card. There was literally no space left, no opponents left, that was the reality of it.”

On the Demon character:

“The Demon character is something I draw on occasion. It’s something that requires a lot of focus to tap into and really requires the right situation for me to sort of draw on that darker side of my personality.

Since I’ve been back on Raw, the opportunity hasn’t really presented itself to tap into that side and I’ve had such a good time being back I haven’t wanted to change.

I quite like walking out in my sweet new Balor club jacket. popping my collar and being Mr Cool.”

On Reforming the (Bullet) Club in WWE:

“To me it was a moment in time. That moment for me was four years ago. A lot has changed in those four years.

Myself, Luke, Karl have a lot of history together and AJ (Styles) is on Smackdown, the possibility of perhaps reuniting in the future, sure it’s tasty to a lot of people. I think individually right now we’re all stronger on our own paths.

Maybe that will change in the future. We may need to reassemble the troops, but for now I think we’re all doing fine.”

On how to get great abs:

“It’s a very simple answer, how to get my abs so defined. I have a very healthy diet of a lot of laughter. If you laugh all the time, you’re consistently flexing your abdominals all the time.

You can be doing abs all day long. Watch a lot of comedy, listen to funny TV shows and podcasts and have a general positive outlook on life and Bob’s your uncle.”