PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles and Chad Gable Comment on their Match from Smackdown

Kemo
07-06-2017, 07:59 PM
This week on Smackdown, AJ Styles narrowly defeated former Olympian, Chad Gable, in singles competition. The match would determine who would move on to compete in the battle royal later that night, with a chance to earn a US title shot.

While Styles would win the match, Gable won over the respect of the former WWE champion. The two shook hands after their match, and the sportsmanship continued on social media later.

It's scary how motivating a night like last night is for a guy like me.

Thanks for bringing it, @AJStylesOrg… but I'll be back for more. pic.twitter.com/U8CpfI4BYL

— Chad Gable (@WWEGable) July 5, 2017

@WWEGable is scary good. I've got 10+ years experience on the guy and he gave me all I could handle. Last nights real winner…#wweuniverse

— AJStyles.Org (@AJStylesOrg) July 5, 2017

Chad Gable Single’s Push?

Fans of American Alpha will note that little mention was given to Gable’s tag-team or tag-team partner on Tuesday night. This fact is fuelling unconfirmed speculation that Gable could be in-line for a singles push, and American Alpha might not be a team for much longer.

Since forming in 2015, American Alpha has won the NXT and Smackdown tag-team championships. Since losing the belts to the Usos in March, the team has struggled to stay relevant in Smackdown’s tag division.