PDA

View Full Version : Ex-NWA Referee on The Time Ric Flair Had an ‘Accident’ in His Tights During Match

Kemo
07-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Legendary NWA and Jim Crockett Promotions referee, Tommy Young, was recently a guest on the Two Man Power Trip Of Wrestling podcast to promote the return of the Crockett Foundation Tag Team Tournament (Sat. July 15, 2017) in New Kent, Virginia. During the interview, Young told a hilarious story about the time two-time WWE Hall Of Famer “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair had an accident inside his tights during a match against Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat.

Apparently Flair ate a little too close to match time and couldn’t ‘hold his load.’ You can check out what he had to say here:

“If you watched a Flair/Steamboat match, they rarely went home before the 40 minute time mark. These guys always wrestled for a good while and sometimes they’d go 45-50 minuets.

“There was a situation one time where Flair had an accident and he ate too close to the matches and I don’t want to get too graphic because I have talked about this before but I think we’ve all had a situation in our life where we couldn’t hold our load so to speak (laughing) and had an accident in our britches, it has happened to me and on this particular night it happened to Ric and we were in a SOLD OUT Charlotte Coliseum and about 12,000 people in there and it wasn’t like: “OH! Gotta go, gotta go.”

“They went another 7-8 minuets and needless to say things didn’t smell too good but it was a bad situation and the only time that it ever happened.”

J8QV4I9AHOk