PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Reacts To WWE Keeping SummerSlam Main Event Finish Under Wraps

Kemo
08-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Former WCW President and Monday Night RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff took to his podcast, Bischoff On Wrestling, to discuss the upcoming Fatal Four-Way SummerSlam pay-per-view main event for the WWE Universal Champion between Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, and Braun Strowman. Early reports suggest that none of the Superstars involved in the match know the finish just yet, and likely won’t be told until the last second in attempt to keep WWE’s plans under wraps, except for Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar’s contract states that he must know the finish to all angles, segments, and matches he is involved in. Bischoff reacted to this on his podcast and claimed to love it and believes WWE should do this more often:

“I think it’s awesome. They should do it more often. I really think that, first of all, it makes it more exciting. The fact that we are talking about it on this show and others are talking about it and that they are even doing it is great. It will make for a better product. I love it. I used to get a lot of heat for doing stuff like that. If you go back and read some of Dave Meltzer’s stuff about stuff that was, “going on behind the scenes,” I guess some of it was.

“Some of it was accurate but some of it wasn’t. He’d say that everybody hated Eric Bischoff because, “he was kayfabing the announcers,” and, “he was kayfabing the talent.” “He wouldn’t tell anybody what the finishes were.” That’s true. That’s true! There were some people that were pissed off about that and some of it is true but it was the right thing to do because it just added energy.

“Sometimes it was negative energy and sometimes it was positive energy but there was talk. There were heat. People were expressing themselves about it. I think they should do it way more often. The product is too homogenized and sanitized. Too many people know what is going on all the time. I would love to see them do anything that they can do to bring it back to that point where you are just not sure what is going to happen.”