PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles: The Young Bucks Will Be In WWE Within 5 Years

Kemo
08-26-2017, 01:29 PM
SmackDown Live star AJ Styles is convinced that his former Bullet Club partners The Young Bucks will be in WWE one day. During a recent interview with PWInsider, Styles commented about the possibility of Nick and Matt Jackson joining the WWE Universe.

“Oh man, that is a tough question. For guys who know to do what they do and they’ve got it done before they even get here….so, I would say….oh, that’s a tough question, man….I give them five years, at the most. Within five years. Yeah. That’s my timeline.”

Styles said the prospect of him being in WWE was once hard to envision.

“What do you think, had the people asked, ‘Do you think AJ Styles would come here?’, if you could have asked that ten years ago? What do you think people would have said then? You never know, man.”

The Young Bucks are the reigning ROH World Tag Team Champions and recently captured the ROH Six Man Tag Team Championships (with Adam Page).

Back in May, the Bucks appeared on Edge & Christian’s E&C Pod of Awesomeness commented on the possibility of joining WWE one day. Nick and Matt revealed that they’re currently under contract to Ring of Honor until the end of 2018, but “never say never.”

“Right now, we can’t, obviously, because we’re under a contract for the next, what, 18 months or so. But I don’t know. It’s such a hard question to answer because right now, I’d say ‘no’, obviously, because I can’t and we’re having a blast, like, on our own, doing it the way we do it. We’re having a good time doing it. I don’t know. It’s never say ‘never’, I guess. You can’t really say ‘no’ to that because that is the place everyone has wanted to wrestle, so I can’t say ‘no’, but, as of now, we’re happy with what we’re doing.”

Matt stated that now wouldn’t be a good time for him and his brother to make the jump over to the WWE because of all the hot talent there, and fear of getting lost in the shuffle:

“Even if we were available right now, now is not the time to go for us because everybody in the world is going there and so for the first time I can even remember, it doesn’t seem cool to go there right now.” Matt admitted, “I think for us, if we did sign right now, we’d probably be lost in the shuffle.”

They added that right now, they have a lot of creative control over their characters, which they probably wouldn’t have in WWE.