PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Banks Frustrated With WWE Creative, Preferred NXT

Kemo
09-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Former RAW Women’s Champion Sasha Banks joined the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast this week and spoke about a variety of WWE-related topics.

Back at Money in the Bank, a lot of fans were unhappy that James Ellsworth got involved in the first-ever Women’s Money in the Bank match. With the Women’s Revolution in full swing, it was a questionable booking decision for Carmella to win with a man’s help. Sasha says WWE knows how to get a reaction out of the audience and accomplished that with Ellsworth’s involvement.

“Knowing our company, everyone was talking about it and that is what they wanted,” she said.

Sasha Banks made a name for herself in NXT and is one of the biggest stars to come out of WWE’s developmental system. In NXT, she feels storylines were laid out much more clearly. She knew where her character was headed and was able to give a lot more input. On the main roster, she’ll arrive at RAW and have no idea what’s planned for her. She admits it’s frustrating not knowing what’s next for her in WWE.

“We kind of always knew where we were going [in NXT], so it helped me prepare and think about it ahead of time about how can I make this better. But when I go to Raw, it’s legit like I have no clue what I am doing so I don’t even know what to prepare for. I get handed something and told something and am like ‘okay, I have one hour to get… okay let’s just do it.’ Honestly, I wish we had the opportunity to know what we are doing in the next three months.”

Sasha’s a four-time RAW Women’s Champion, but has lost the title each time within a month. She doesn’t know why the RAW Women’s Championship is passed around so casually and whether it’s a sign WWE doesn’t have faith in her as champion.

“I don’t know if it was something with me or they just want to keep on flipping flopping, I don’t know!”

She also expressed frustration with the fact that she wasn’t able to attend the Mae Young Classic tapings in Orlando. Instead of being ringside like some of the other NXT women who graduated to the main roster, she was doing PR for WWE in Australia.

Sasha questioned, “How am I not a part of this?’ I can’t believe they booked it like that.”