PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Lawler On Sasha’s ‘Overzealous Fans’ Rant, WWE Shows On Xmas & New Year’s

Kemo
09-06-2017, 04:15 PM
On the latest episode of his Dinner With The King podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler spoke about his recent one-night return to the RAW commentary booth, WWE holding shows on Christmas and New Year’s Day and Sasha Banks ranting about overzealous ‘stalker’ fans.

Several weeks back, Jerry Lawler filled in for Booker T on WWE RAW commentary when Booker T was unable to make the show due to Hurricane Harvey. Lawler got strong reviews for his guest spot and was asked if WWE floated the possibility of him calling the action on RAW more regularly.

“Umm, no. But if they did, I missed the call,” Lawler joked. “I was more than happy to come back to fill in for Booker T on Raw when the hurricane kept him from being able to be at the show. But if they were to call me and ask me to come back on a full-time basis, it would be a really, really tough decision to make. If they said I was going to make the same money as I did before, that would go a long way in making me consider going back again.”

Earlier this week, WWE announced that for the first time ever, Monday Night RAW will broadcast live on Christmas and New Year’s Day. Lawler was surprised to hear the news and said he would never wrestle on Christmas. “I would never wrestle on Christmas,” he said. “That’s almost sacrilegious to me. I wouldn’t do it.”

One of the big stories from last week came from an interview Sasha Banks on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast. She ranted about overzealous ‘stalker’ fans who ambush her at airports and hotel lobbies at 4am and sell her autographs on eBay. Several wrestles reacted to the remarks on Twitter, stating that fans pay their salaries and it should be an honor to have fans who are so loyal.

As one of the biggest stars in the history of the business, Jerry Lawler is quite familiar with overzealous fans. So, what did the King think about Sasha’s comments?

“You can’t be offended or get mad at them when you accomplished what you set out to do, and that’s be famous. So I think Sasha Banks needs to step back and think about what Bubba Ray Dudley says, because they will be a day when nobody is waiting for an autograph, and you’ll wish you were back in the way it is now.

But you gotta stop and for just a minute and explain that you will try to come back later or you’ll trying to eat your pizza while it’s hot. You can’t just ignore them. If you take a little time and be nice to those fans, that usually works out for the best.

There are stalkers out there, people who can be dangerous out there. I’m looking at it from my own, male perspective. But Sasha is looking at it from her perspective. I understand both points of view though.”