PDA

View Full Version : Jack Swagger Compares His Current Earnings To His Pay In WWE

Kemo
11-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Former WWE Superstar Jack Swagger, who recently signed a multi-fight contract with Bellator MMA had an interview with WrestlingInc where he talked about his current earnings and more. Below are some of the highlights from his interview:

Bobby Lashley being excited about his MMA deal:

“We were at a show in Oklahoma, IWR [Imperial Wrestling Revolution] a couple of weeks ago; Impact Wrestling was there taping a pay-per-view, He was very excited about it. He had a big smile on his face and was very helpful about following right behind him.”

Working both as an MMA fighter and Professional Wrestler:

“I’m going to try and do both. My logic is one hand can help the other. As long as I have time to train, take the MMA side very seriously, I think I will be able to do it,” he said. “We were in talks towards the later end, you know Dutch [Mantell] is over there and I would love to work with him again, so they kind of come and go, and I hate to say it, but they don’t really like to pick up the phone and call anybody, but I would love to work for them though.”

His thoughts on Lucha Underground:

“I really like their product. It seems different. The cinematography of it. It seems very ‘Hollywood-esque.’ I think it makes the characters look bigger. I think it makes the wrestling look different, I am good friends with [Writer and Producer of Lucha Underground] Chris DeJoseph so I would come there too. Even if they wanted to put me under a mask. I think it would be great. It has done great things for Brian Cage, Johnny Mundo, really good stuff and a really good platform.”

His current earnings compared to his time in WWE:

“It is kind of like a supply and demand right now. You have to price yourself right in order to optimize your profit. I wouldn’t say that it is more than the WWE but it is a nice living. I mean, it’s only wrestling, there’s no other side jobs with it, If you can go out there and develop relationships; to me, that was the hardest part because I am new to this side, so every relationship was something new, and a new business venture, so you really want to take focus on those and develop those because it can help you down the line to have steady work and great promotions.”