PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Explains Why He Fanboyed Out About Tagging With The Shield

Kemo
11-30-2017, 03:55 PM
As we’ve noted before, WWE Hall Of Famer and Monday Night RAW General Manager Kurt Angle recently did a Q&A for iPlay America in Freehold, New Jersey. During the event Angle was asked about teaming up with The Shield at Tables Ladders and Chairs earlier this year. Initially the PPV’s main event was slated to feature the reuniting of The Shield, but unfortunately a viral outbreak of the mumps in the WWE locker room affected “The Big Dog” and he was pulled from the card.

After a quick physical was concluded, Angle was cleared to return to the WWE ring for the first time in 11 years and was subbed in for Reigns. The trio downed the team of The Miz, The Bar, Kane, and Braun Strowman. Here’s what Angle had to say about teaming with Rollins and Ambrose:

“I didn’t expect that to be my first wrestling match, and with a faction that popular. They’re one of the most popular factions of all time, they’ve done an incredible job. Ever since they came up from NXT they’ve been legendary so it was an honor for me.

“Obviously Roman Reigns was out and they needed somebody to fill in the spot, and Mr. McMahon thought Kurt Angle would fill that spot. It was awesome, I had a lot of fun that night. I didn’t have to do much in my first match, but it was really cool. When you saw me walk out, you kind of saw the ‘fanboy’ look on my face. Seth [Rollins] and Dean [Ambrose] were serious, and here I am, going [*imitates a goofy grin*]

“It was a lot of fun, and it was a complete honor.”