PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey Signs Full-Time Deal With WWE

Kemo
01-29-2018, 04:55 PM
Asuka eliminated Nikki Bella to win the first ever women’s Royal Rumble match. After the match, RAW Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss and SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte got in the ring. Asuka looked at them both when Rousey’s music hit.

What is @RondaRousey doing here?!#RoyalRumble #RumbleForAll pic.twitter.com/AN3t95ArYT

— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) January 29, 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUrj_YKUQAACkEX.jpg

Ronda pointed at the WrestleMania sign hanging in the Wells Fargo Center. Rousey went to shake Asuka’s hand but Asuka slapped it away. Rousey laughed and then pointed at the WrestleMania sign once again. Rousey exited the ring and high-fived fans in the crowd. Rousey then approached the announce table where Stephanie McMahon was the guest commentator for the women’s Royal Rumble. Rousey and Stephanie shook hands and then Rousey made her way up the entrance ramp as the Royal Rumble went off the air.

ROWDY @RondaRousey is shaking hands with @StephMcMahon?!#RoyalRumble pic.twitter.com/R2miS8E377

— WWE (@WWE) January 29, 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUrkYOOUMAAZGWR.jpg

It was then announced on social media that Ronda Rousey has come to terms with on a full-time contract with WWE. This has been rumored for a long time but Rousey has finally made her way to WWE and will no doubt be a factor at WrestleMania 34 this April.

The jacket Ronda Rousey is wearing at the @WWE Royal Rumble was Rowdy Roddy Piper's jacket. His son gave it to her beforehand.

— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) January 29, 2018

Rousey made the following comments to ESPN about signing with WWE:

“This is my life now. First priority on my timeline for the next several years. This is not a smash-and-grab; this is not a publicity stunt.

“When I first met with Triple H, I told him, ‘There are other things I can do with my time that’ll make way more money, but I won’t enjoy nearly as much.’”

“It’s funny — it’s kind of like acting, in that it was something I always wanted to do but I never thought was in the cards for me. And now that I realize I really do have this opportunity, I feel like my 6-year-old self would totally kick my ass if I didn’t take it.”