PDA

View Full Version : The Miz Signs New Contract With WWE

Kemo
02-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Michael Mizanin has signed a long-term deal with WWE. The new deal locks the Miz up for the next 4 years.

Miz was originally signed to the company following his performance on Tough Enough in 2004. According to a report from PW Insider, his new deal will see him continue with the promotion until at least 2022.

To everyone that never wanted to listen to me when I said I was a main eventer, @WrestleMania caliber, and a certified A-List star…you feel stupid yet? #WWEChamber pic.twitter.com/sO71ES97kH

— The Miz (@mikethemiz) February 6, 2018

Slowly but surely throughout his 13-year career the Miz has become a respected veteran. A far cry from his early days, where a poor backstage reputation had many feeling he wouldn’t be with the company long. Over time, Miz’s reputation has flipped and he has even won over some of his more hardened detractors. There can be little doubt now as to his future inclusion in the WWE Hall of Fame.

In addition to having once defeated John Cena in the main event of WrestleMania, Miz also has a claim to being the greatest Intercontinental champion of all-time. As of this writing, Miz has held the Intercontinental title for 535 days combined over 8 reigns. Pedro Morales holds the record at 619 days and Don Muraco is in 2nd with 541 days. Miz will pass Morales on Thursday April 26th, 2018 if he doesn’t lose the title before then.