PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Challenges The Undertaker For WrestleMania

Kemo
02-27-2018, 09:51 PM
John Cena appeared on Monday’s RAW from Anaheim, California to address coming up short in Suday’s 7-man Elimination Chamber match. As a result of that loss, Cena is dejected and without an opponent for WrestleMania.

After some soul searching over the past 24 hours, Cena said it was time to do what he should have done years ago: challenge The Undertaker to a match at WrestleMania. The crowd went nuts at the prospect of this dream match finally taking place after years of rumors and fantasy booking.

CHALLENGE MADE! @JohnCena has FIGURED IT OUT…in the form of challenging The #Undertaker at @WrestleMania! #RAW pic.twitter.com/ho9VlMMDOz

— WWE (@WWE) February 27, 2018

Cena then backtracked, stating that it was “impossible” for that match to take place. He announced he’ll be attending Tuesday’s SmackDown Live in hopes of securing a WrestleMania opponent. It appears the storyline of John Cena’s journey to WrestleMania will play out over the coming weeks. Cena issuing a formal challenge to The Undertaker is a strong indication that the dead man is the opponent he’ll ultimately arrive at.

Already confirmed for WrestleMania 34 are the WWE and Universal Championship matches, with Royal Rumble winner Shinsuke Nakamura challenging AJ Styles and Elimination Chamber winner Roman Reigns battling Brock Lesnar.

Women’s Royal Rumble winner Asuka has yet to decide which Women’s Championship she’ll be vying for at WWE’s biggest show of the year.

At Sunday’s Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, Ronda Rousey’s WWE contract signing (and subsequent physical altercation with Stephanie McMahon & Triple H) set up a mixed tag team match, likely involving RAW GM Kurt Angle as Rousey’s partner.

WWE WrestleMania takes place on Sunday, April 8th from New Orleans, Louisiana.

"I'm here tonight to say my Road to #WrestleMania goes straight through SMACKDOWN!!!"

Free agent @JohnCena is going to #SDLive TOMORROW NIGHT! #RAW pic.twitter.com/NitPwjOK0i

— WWE (@WWE) February 27, 2018