PDA

View Full Version : Alexa Bliss Offers Ronda Rousey Advice When It Comes to Her Promos

Kemo
03-08-2018, 05:22 PM
Ronda Rousey is undoubtedly one of the most gifted athletes in all of sports but that doesn’t mean she’s suddenly going to become one of the most prolific talkers now that she’s part of the WWE roster.

Through her first few appearances in WWE during the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view as well as the past two weeks on Monday Night Raw, it’s been noted that Rousey appears to be very nervous when speaking on the microphone when her segments opposite Stephanie McMahon have taken place.

Rousey was never one to hold her tongue during her UFC career when she was a six-time defending champion but talking to a group of reporters versus thousands of people in attendance in any given arena are two totally different things.

WWE Raw women’s champion Alexa Bliss offered some advice for Rousey when speaking to ESPN about her struggles on the microphone thus far.

“It took me forever to get comfortable,” Bliss said. “When I first started NXT, we had promo classes, and I used to get so upset because I couldn’t get in front of a crowd and talk. I was terrified. Actually, our referee Shawn Bennett was just talking about my first promo class. I stood up there and started crying because I was really embarrassed to be in front of a large group and speaking.

“I performed in front of large crowds before, but I never had to speak in front of them, so it’s just one of those things you have to keep doing and doing. You have to put yourself in the most uncomfortable situations and make them comfortable.”

Bliss has come a long way for her promos including the huge reaction she received after speaking at Elimination Chamber a couple of weeks ago.

Obviously, WWE is easing Rousey into her new role with the company, which is why she’s being paired alongside a seasoned veteran like Kurt Angle for most of her segments as well as her first match at WrestleMania 34.

Only time will tell if Rousey will get more comfortable on the microphone or she might just become the silent killer who says less and does more.

Rousey will have plenty of time to practice as she’s currently scheduled to appear at every edition of Raw between now and WrestleMania 34 in April.